Our complaints policy
StaffHost are committed to providing a high-quality level of service to all everyone we deal with. If you feel you haven’t received this level or service, we would like you to tell us about it, so we can understand how we can improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with as much information about it as possible, including your preferred method of contact. Legally, we have up to eight weeks to review your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time, you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 48 hours of receiving it, via your preferred method of contact.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will involve a member of our HR team and a company director who will review your complaint file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- We will then contact you to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will happen within 14 days of receiving initial acknowledgment from us about receiving your complaint.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, we will arrange for another partner …or… someone unconnected with the matter at the firm …or, for a sole practitioner to review his/her own decision …or… appropriate alternative such as review by another local solicitor or mediation to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a further review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact:
PO Box 6806,
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.