Our client is one of the most recognisable and innovative technology companies globally, consistently winning awards for their technology and solutions as well as being a recognised employer of choice. Following significant new client and project acquisitions, they are seeking a talented individual to join their high growth consultancy.
As the Infrastructure Architect, you’ll manage the design phase of a solution working with internal and external resources to create innovative solutions which are then deployed by our project management team.
It is essential that you can drive collaboration across diverse teams with the ability to communicate ideas and develop the case for change. As the Infrastructure Architect, you’ll own the design phase of an infrastructure project and are expected to develop & maintain a schedule for the team. You will support the project management team ensuring the products they have developed deliver as intended.
- Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable.
- To take ownership of solutions for specific key areas and managing the impact of any changes which affect the architecture of the solution.
- Participates in the definition of broader infrastructure architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity.
- Ability to resolve tactical infrastructure problems providing guidance to project and operations teams.
- Supports the implementation of IT infrastructure projects and ensure that our infrastructure is working at optimal levels.
- Meticulous design documentation skills, able to work with Arriva specialist architects (e.g. Network architect) to build solutions.
- Likely to have come from a” hands-on” engineering background with a can-do attitude.
- The ability to build relationships and provide advice to senior stakeholders.
Essential technical skills:
- Infrastructure subject matter expert (Networking, Virtualisation, Servers, Storage, Backup);
- The role requires experience in VDI or Remote Desktop technologies from Citrix or VMware, training will be offered in VMware if you come from a Microsoft or Citrix background.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the position in more detail within 48 hours of receiving your CV. Please assume your application has been unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours.