over 1 year ago
Cloud Engineer – Azure
Our client is not only helping to change the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, they’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
They are seeking an Azure Cloud Engineer with expertise in Microsoft Azure to help build out their cloud resources. The position will support ongoing cloud needs across the organisation.
- Perform system administration functions, including monitoring system and network performance, troubleshooting system problems, maintaining user accounts and various tracking systems, and liaising with other institutional information system and information technology groups
- Actively manage cloud accounts (Azure) and make recommendations on how best to support their infrastructure and interact with Developers and Architects in cross-functional areas
- Participate in the creation of the overall multi-year cloud road map and strategy
- Work with internal teams and several third-party vendors in big data and other areas to support their overall cloud initiatives
- Continually look at emerging cloud technologies and assess whether they are the right fit, with emphasis on creating cost savings and/or value-creation opportunities
- Ensure capacity planning is reviewed on a regular basis in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Redesign or refresh existing solutions to realign and meet their ever-changing business needs
- Own IT Engineering projects and ensure that the solutions are delivered in a timely manner within the resource, budgetary and timeframe requirements
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with Azure (Microsoft) cloud platform is essential.
- 2-7 years of systems administration or cloud engineering experience
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritising work to meet commitments aligned with the organisation
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Excellent English and Swedish language skills
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the position in more detail within 48 hours of receiving your CV. Please assume your application has been unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours.