over 1 year ago
Cloud Engineer – Azure
Our client is one of the largest data management companies in Europe and provides services and expertise in all major commercial and opensource database platforms (MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and MongoDB).
You will be part of the Data Integration services team that champions advanced BI Designs, Development, Support and Automation projects for SMEs to Fortune 500 companies.
Our client is seeking an experienced Azure Cloud Engineer to join their Data Integration Practice in Helsinki. This individual will have 5+ years of experience in an architectural and engineering role with Azure and other public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP.
- Work Closely with the team of architects and developers (both internal and from the client) to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Work closely with business, application owners and technical folks in strategising and prioritising the application that can be migrated to Azure.
- Work on designing a right sized environment in Azure for SQL Server and Oracle databases with a focus on compute, storage and network requirements.
- Provide recommendations and best practices with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation road map and strategy for Azure adoption.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance with a more focus on database workloads that run on SQL Server and Oracle.
- Lead the execution of projects and migration support from a global team. Your execution support team is staffed 24x7 and able to provide round the clock service.
- Provide pre-sales support to new customer by helping to engineer, design, and estimate solutions, present solutions and proposals to customers.
- Up to 20% travel may be required; however, they have flexibility with being able to design the position with more or less travel based on candidate interest.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in designing and architecting complex Enterprise solutions in on-premises and cloud environments.
- Experience working in public cloud platforms: Azure and Amazon AWS; more specifically working with SQL server and Oracle running on these platforms.
- Deep Knowledge in troubleshooting database performance issues on Azure; issue identification and propose remediation strategies.
- Experience in Azure classic portal & Azure resource manager in cloud deployments.
- Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following: Azure PaaS technologies, Azure apps technologies such as Azure SQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD etc., Azure IaaS Technologies such as VMs, Virtual networks, Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
- Hands-on experience with MSBI - SQL server integration services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Power BI: Experience with best practices for the use and implementation of the Power BI Stack including, Desktop, Gateways, Report Server.
- Familiarity with APIs, SDLC, Docker, and Kubernetes is a benefit as well
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the position in more detail within 48 hours of receiving your CV. Please assume your application has been unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours.