Cloud Engineer – AWS
Headquartered in the centre of London, our client is a fast growing FCA regulated provider of financial services, electronic money, concierge and high-end lifestyle services. Established over 10 years ago they now have multiple offices across the globe with a highly skilled & experienced workforce.
They take pride in providing highly innovative & fast paced working environments that celebrates diversity, high ethical standard & open exchange of ideas across their global teams in designing innovative, unique products and delivery of solutions/services to their customers.
- Drive the adoption of Cloud technologies for the benefit of the customer
- Designing, building, testing, configuring and implementing/migrating Cloud-based solutions using PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and DaaS offerings.
- Day-to-day management and governance of the Cloud environment primarily within AWS (Amazon Web Services) and other selected Cloud platforms to support compute, storage, network and other infrastructure Cloud requirements and demands.
- Manage and oversee the technical changes, maintenances and migrations of customers solutions
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions
- Provide strategic and operational guidance that will allow customers to continually optimise their Cloud environments to achieve their business goals and maximise return on investments
- Troubleshooting issues, participating in on-call rotation where required.
- Ability to collaborate with and manage diverse cross functional teams for successful customer outcomes
- Monitoring tools such as e.g. AWS CloudWatch
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience and a deep technical understanding of AWS Cloud Infrastructure is essential.
- Relevant product knowledge of other Cloud computing services such as Azure / Google Cloud Platform etc. is desirable.
- Relevant product knowledge of storage/server/networking technologies.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement to continually improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Essential Communication and Reporting skills.
- Experience in Ruby, Python, Golang and/or Java programming languages. Proven ability to provide automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
- Infrastructure as Code and automation/orchestration technologies, such as Puppet / Chef / Ansible Tower / Jenkins / Terraform.
- Knowledge of IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices, can manage risk.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the position in more detail within 48 hours of receiving your CV. Please assume your application has been unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours.