Our client is a fast growing FinTech startup, operating at the cutting edge of Machine Learning & Big Data, creating innovative research, data and analysis solutions for banks, investment managers and stock exchanges.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work alongside brilliant colleagues in a multi-disciplinary team responsible for standing up the core infrastructure of the company. Their tech stack is entirely AWS based, and therefore the team is critical in providing support to product development and innovation.
- Work with the development teams to understand technical requirements and scoping of projects
- Propose scaleable, reusable solutions using AWS products
- Ensure the security of our AWS accounts
- Identify, evaluate, deploy and review new AWS features to improve our architecture
- Liaise with AWS technical staff to resolve complex issues
- Understand & manage AWS cost base and seek out and identity cost optimization opportunities
As a dedicated AWS Cloud Engineer, you will be working with:
- Hands-on implementation of production systems
- Security products such as, IAM, KMS, Cognito
- Big data management: AWS Batch, EMR, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Autoscaling, Load Balancing
- Networking: VPC, VPN, Route 53, Cloud Front
- Systems Operations: Cloud Watch Logs, ELK, Cloudtrail, Config
- REST API using API gateway, Lambda, WAF
- Scripting Python for Lambda functions
- Building machine images (AMIs) with Packer and CI pipelines for our inimitable AWS infrastructure
- Experience of Terraform or CloudFormation, Jenkins is a must
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a technology company with strong AWS background
- Demonstrated experience in building solutions using AWS + Linux
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with developers to discuss and resolve issues
- Strong team player
- Self-starter with drive to solve problems
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the position in more detail within 48 hours of receiving your CV. Please assume your application has been unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours.