over 1 year ago
Our client is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. They reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion.
As a Solution Architect, you will shape and define solution architectures for their clients. These architectures are used to define project plans, manage detailed design, inform technical risk analysis and support estimation.
You will work with clients from the earliest stages of a project (potentially in a presales capacity) through to delivery and ‘go live’. You will provide technical leadership and support to the Programme Director or Engagement manager.
- Working directly with customers to understand their requirements and evaluating the applicability of cloud to the problem space.
- Producing high and low level designs to deliver secure, reliable, efficient and cost optimised cloud based system
- Translating architectural designs into infrastructure-as-code defined solutions.
- Working with support teams to enable management and monitoring of cloud-based systems
- Ensuring compliance of cloud systems with security policies and regulatory requirements
- Acting as the SME on public cloud technologies, supporting organisational cloud adoption strategies and embedding best practice approaches
Desirable skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling, RDS, VPC, Security Groups, NACLs, IAM, Cloud Formation & Route53
- A good understanding of the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Knowledge of End User Compute (EUC) technologies, e.g. Amazon WorkSpaces, Citrix, RDS
- Knowledge of microservice based architectures
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Windows Server (2012 R2 and later)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS/DHCP design and implementation
- Ability to present confidently in external group and client settings
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the position in more detail within 48 hours of receiving your CV. Please assume your application has been unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours.